Another youtuber is calling you names and trying to mock your retrobrighting methods

juanfonseca

May 30, 2019
Hi, I joined the forum to bring to your attention that the youtuber called msmadlemon (basically Amiga and C64 recapper and maintenance) has posted a video calling you names and mocking about your videos about sun retrobrighting; I defended your results because Ive seen all the detailed method and the good results you obtain but she deleted my posts and a couple of other posters that confronted her "painting" work over sun BR; she systematically attacks you and any other people pointing to your channel with proof that basically sun RB works if done correctly. Maybe youtube can take action, her video has 176 upvotes and 16 downvotes, I know they are very low numbers but I dont like when people abuse others showing proof of something that works and even mocks them.Although she deleted the comments the video with her rants against you is online and maybe youtube can take some action about it.

regards

May 22, 2019
We have all seen someone we disagree with on the Internet; we have often even tried to argue with that person and explain how our viewpoint is superior. You won't get any traction arguing with people on the Internet, especially someone who thinks so little of other people that she will call other people names or make other abusive statements.

My suggestion is to let this person have her own opinions. Anyone viewing her videos, even to argue against her, is simply giving her more page views and putting advertising money in her pocket. The worst punishment that person can receive is to be relegated to obscurity.

After all, the proof is in the pudding. The process either works or it doesn't. I'll leave discussions about the efficacy of sun bleaching and peroxide bleaching for another thread.. but as to what to say about one YouTuber calling people names: "sticks and stones..."

** edit:
I went and looked at her video (I'm not going to promote her by linking here.)

Rather than watching the whole 24 minute video, I just read the transcript. She never called out anyone by name and was never rude about it.

Some of the commenters... well, YT is full of trolls. I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:

msxenix

Honeydew is the money melon
« M² Supporter »
May 19, 2019
Plainville, CT, United States
I am going to agree with @TomXP411 on this one. It just seems that she is a youtuber with opposing views on retrobriting, but she didn't say anything mean or rude to anyone.

maybe youtube can take some action about it
This is exactly the worst thing to try and do. If this person were saying something defamatory, then I could understand it. However, you can't just use youtube as a tool to silence people's opposing opinions.

gnikanorov

May 20, 2019
This doesn't bother me. Healthy debate is always good. Plus Perifractic posted a similar video which outlined that all sun retrobriting works.

What they might not take into account is the intensity of the sun in certain regions. Case in point, I am in the Northeast, and doubt that full sun retrobriting will work for me in my area.