Any thoughts on doing the impossible ??

Joseph33012

Jan 18, 2020
Hello Team,

I found on FB 2 TTL monitors a Leading Edge amber TTL monitor and Mitsubishi Diamon Scan AUM1371A and wondered if there was a chance to get information from a newer pc to these monitors? I know downgrading is not recommended but wanted to see if it was possible. I was wondering even though the AUM1371A is an MDA/CGA/EGA display but some articles from the past said it supported VGA? Another strange thing is that it has an NTSC BNC plug for analog. I was wondering if it was possible to use an Atari 2600 component cable with a BNC adapter to play and test it out?

Thanks for any assistance,

Joseph

May 22, 2019
The Mitsubishi is known as a "multisync" monitor, because it can handle different resolutions and standards. It looks like it handles Mono, CGA, EGA, and something called Professional Graphics Controller modes. According to what I've read, PGC is not compatible with VGA - but there are hardware mods that could make it work.

If you're trying to use those monitors, I'd suggest looking for older computers with an ISA bus - either a 386, 286, or XT, and an EGA graphics Card.