Are you posting updates here or just FB for the Commander X16?

May 22, 2019
Some people will still want to use FB, no matter what, and it's a good place for David and the team to post announcements. But a forum can definitely be more productive for conversation and collaboration.

What's weird is I thought David posted an announcement on FB about this forum, but I can't find it now. And it looks like no one is moderating here. Hopefully, David and Mike will appoint some moderators soon to delete spam and trolls.

Reactions: Swift34

TheGeekPub

The Geek Pub
Staff member
May 15, 2019
Keller, TX
www.thegeekpub.com
And it looks like no one is moderating here. Hopefully, David and Mike will appoint some moderators soon to delete spam and trolls.
This board has only been soft launched. And we had a bunch of stuff set wrong. We've fixed that. We wanted to work the bugs out before really making a big deal out of it. Honestly, we didn't put a lot of effort into the spammer troll because with only a few early adopters here I didn't expect there to be any. But live and learn! ;-)

I just posted an announcement thread looking for moderators.

Reactions: Swift34
May 22, 2019
I also like forums better than Facebook or blog comment threads. Facebook is good for announcements, but not in-depth conversations.

May 22, 2019
It's no problem. David is a busy guy, so I'm just doing what I can to help out.

There will always be a contingent of people who prefer social media like Facebook, and there will always be people who hate and fear Facebook. So there will always be some need to communicate across the two groups of people.

Reactions: Mike

balloon

Supporting Member
« M² Supporter »
May 20, 2019
Japan
balloon.im
I also look at the Facebook group. (Because of course it's Facebook, so I'm a real name)
But it's too much English post, so I can't cover everything.
There are few posts in this forum. I can still figure out the whole post.

Fullauto556

Sep 12, 2019
Jackson, TN
I just watched the 8-Bit Guys' video ("shut up and take my money"), and I love the idea of the Commander 16, and now I'm glad there's an alternative to FB - I deleted my account years ago, and will not start using it again for anything... So thanks for having a public area here too :)
Same here. FB has been persona non grata in my life for many months now. I found this forum after searching for additional information. I was hoping to throw money at some sort of kick-starter in order to reserve one of these beauties. Since I can't see anything in the FB group, I hope our guy David doesn't leave this message board high and dry.

catfive

Sep 12, 2019
Same here. FB has been persona non grata in my life for many months now. I found this forum after searching for additional information. I was hoping to throw money at some sort of kick-starter in order to reserve one of these beauties. Since I can't see anything in the FB group, I hope our guy David doesn't leave this message board high and dry.
Yep, same for me. I kicked FB to the curb two years ago and have been happier for it. Glad to have found this forum as I have been anxiously awaiting an update to this project and (despite the hurdles) I cannot express how exciting this is. Hopefully, if there is a Kickstarter for this, we will find out here. I wish David well.

PowerfulBadBoy

Jul 17, 2019
I am also a tinfoil hat who has forsaken facebook.
I "deleted" (haha) my account five years ago. My parents and co-workers whine but otherwise it's been pretty smooth sailing.
Cheers for setting up the forum Tom. It's a fun place! (If a little barren until recently)

May 22, 2019
I am also a tinfoil hat who has forsaken facebook.
I "deleted" (haha) my account five years ago. My parents and co-workers whine but otherwise it's been pretty smooth sailing.
Cheers for setting up the forum Tom. It's a fun place! (If a little barren until recently)
Don’t give me any credit. This is the brainchild of Brothers David and Mike Murray. I and a few others just lend a hand to keep the peace and kick trolls to the curb. =)