cc65 working group

SteveC1331

There is/was a VSCode extension for cc65, but the original author pulled it off of github.

I've been reviving it and updating/remaking it.

I've mainly been using it for myself targeting Atari 800XL, but it can be used for anything cc65 can be.

It works with a mode that just compiles/assembles/links files in a Visual Studio Code workspace into a target.
There was some basic support for makefiles (using GNU make) that I have disabled and haven't gotten around to reviving.

I put the source up on github, but have not published packages to the VS code marketplace yet.

If there's interest in it, I can get it going up there...

ChrisL

Dec 17, 2019
What does the cc65 extension offer above what the standard VSCode C/C++ Intellisense extension offers? I found that once I added a `.vscode/c_cpp_properties.json` file to my projects with the path to the cc65 headers that Intellisense is no longer confused. I probably need to tailor the default clang-tidy checks that run for my Linux C/C++ code.

Chris

There is/was a VSCode extension for cc65, but the original author pulled it off of github.

I've been reviving it and updating/remaking it.

I've mainly been using it for myself targeting Atari 800XL, but it can be used for anything cc65 can be.

It works with a mode that just compiles/assembles/links files in a Visual Studio Code workspace into a target.
There was some basic support for makefiles (using GNU make) that I have disabled and haven't gotten around to reviving.

I put the source up on github, but have not published packages to the VS code marketplace yet.

If there's interest in it, I can get it going up there...

SteveC1331

You can compile the files in a workspace and kick off an emulator. I was planning on adding makefile support back in.
So, maybe not that much?
There is also support for 6502 assembly text highlighting/whatever.

VS Code can do integrated debugging, which might be a nice thing to add - if it is possible to control an emulator's debugging features externally. Such could probably be added to an emulator if necessary.

I haven't done any of that yet - just read about it mostly. That kind of stuff is pretty non-trivial.

What does the cc65 extension offer above what the standard VSCode C/C++ Intellisense extension offers? I found that once I added a `.vscode/c_cpp_properties.json` file to my projects with the path to the cc65 headers that Intellisense is no longer confused. I probably need to tailor the default clang-tidy checks that run for my Linux C/C++ code.

Chris