Check out my Pi1541 Build

TheGeekPub

The Geek Pub
Staff member
May 15, 2019
Keller, TX
www.thegeekpub.com
I built a Pi1541 and it is awesome! Check it out.

The Pi1541 emulates a real 1541 using a copy of the Commodore 1541 ROM and a 6502 CPU emulator. Pretty cool stuff!

May 22, 2019
Nicely done. I've been watching the progress of the Pi 1541 through the community ever since Gorack released it on Lemon64, and aside from the Ultimate series, this is probably the most amazing retro device to come out recently.

And that enclosure is fantastic. If only I had the space for a 3D printer...

Markeno

Jul 19, 2019
hobbytronics.home.blog
I do really like that 3d printed case, but I don't have a 3d Printer either. So I went with something I happened to have laying around (yes it wasn't reasonably repairable). It was not quite finished when I took this picture of it.

IMG_20190512_152848738_HDR.jpg

It has been a great device. I probably put way to much time into mine, but I am very happy with how it turned out even though it isn't very compact.

Mike

Had one on my to-do list for ages, but I'm still completely undecided on how to put it together at the end. I'm leaning towards a little more exposed PCB, maybe use some clear acrylic sheeting that I've got kicking around. Right now, until some more parts show up in the post, it's far from elegant ... I think the LCD was the only thing I had to order specifically for this, everything else was kicking around in some drawer or another.

pi1541-wip.jpg

Reactions: TheGeekPub