CRT users on modern PCs

Sihledotcom

May 19, 2019
Anyone here still rocking a CRT on their modern PC?

Have my Philips 109b6 hooked onto my main 980ti gaming PC and i absolutely LOVE IT!... been using it since 2012 across various builds, have never used a flat panel monitor on my PC for ages.

Elkarlo

Jun 5, 2019
Still got some SUN 21" CRT around with the 13W3 connector. The last went into retirement 2015. They are simply extreme Powerhogs. Together with my 21" Samsung the other CRT in Storage they are nice for some Retroaction but for daily use.. my main 3 Monitor Setup needs less then one of my "Sun's". They will properly never die, but for daily use... not feasible. 180W on one of those bad Boys. But a MTBF of 110k hours or 13 Years 24/7 duty.

Reactions: Sihledotcom

julie

May 17, 2019
I personally don't like CRTs because they make my eyes tired. But I really like the way they old amber phosphor screens looked. So iconic.

msxenix

Honeydew is the money melon
« M² Supporter »
May 19, 2019
Plainville, CT, United States
I had a 21 inch SGI CRT monitor based on the Sony Trinitron. It was nice, had 2 VGA inputs, and could support 2048x1536 max. It was the ultimate hd CRT monitor.

Unfortunately I dont know what happened to it. The monitor blacks became greys and green scanlines were visible
I heard of a fix for it. But i think the monitor might have gotten diaposed between moving. I miss using that monitor. It lasted used from 2007 to 2013

The only thing I dont miss is carrying that thing though. 70+lbs is a pain in the ass. Lol