Does CA (aka super glue) suck?

Does CA (aka Super Glue) suck?

• Yes! It sucks big time!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No! It's great!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Both. Use it correctly and for the right thing! (Comment below)

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Toby

May 17, 2019
I don't really know. I am not sure I even know how to use it correctly. It seems to be like liquid steel on some of my projects and other times it literally falls apart with slightest touch.

cml37

Staff member
May 19, 2019
Washington, D.C. Area
Agree with @Toby. Every time I use it, I am at least successful at gluing my fingers together. Other than that, I actually read the directions on how to use it the other day... and learned that you are supposed to put super glue on BOTH surfaces that you stick together. Who would've thunk?

tony

May 19, 2019
The only time I've ever seen superglue do anything was when working on lead/pewter D&D miniatures. I'd drill a tiny hole and use superglue + a small pin to attach limbs that weren't pre-molded on. Anything other than that and it just didn't work.

I mean, it works *great* on my fingers, but that's not listed on the packaging.

Reactions: julie

julie

May 17, 2019
my fingers and superglue are made for each other! other than that it seems to work on everything ive tried it on. I think the biggest thing for me is to use the right amount. I always seem to error on using too much and then regret it.

Reactions: TomXP411
May 22, 2019
It's good with certain types of plastics, foams (like EPS foam used in RC airplanes, and balsa wood. It's bad with metal and other types of plastics.

CA was originally developed to be used as a replacement for emergency sutures, aka stiches, so it definitely works to adhere skin to skin... or to whatever you happen to be touching when the glue is still wet. (oops!)

But my real "do all" adhesive when I need a good bond is JB Weld... .