Hello! Vintage computer enthusiast user from Brazil

rick7

Feb 4, 2020
Hi Everybody.

I don’t actually live in Brazil anymore although I go there every year (have been living in US for 10 years now). I am a C64 enthusiast of course as that was my second computer, but to be honest it was the one I really learned programming.

My firs computer was a Brazilian version (copy...) of a ZX-80 called Microdigital TK-85 which I still have and it is in very conserved state. I will be testing it on the next days but I am looking for someone interested on restoring it. It should not be a challenge as it is basically a ZX80 but it might be funny as it was completely manufactured in Brazil.

Tks to all!!

May 22, 2019
If I recall, Brazil used a variation of PAL for analog television, so using that machine on TVs not made for the Brazilian market may be a challenge. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

I saw your computer's picture in the other thread. That's in nice shape for it's age.👍

rick7

Feb 4, 2020
If I recall, Brazil used a variation of PAL for analog television, so using that machine on TVs not made for the Brazilian market may be a challenge. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

I saw your computer's picture in the other thread. That's in nice shape for it's age.👍
You are correct. TVs in Brazil use PAL-M. As far as I know a NTSC computer can display on PAL-M with the only problem being the colors. Everything will be grayscale. I had a C64 NTSC and for a whole year I had to endure it on B&W!!!
I don‘t know the opposite, meaning how a PAL-M computer would display on NTSC TV. One more reason to try... :)

Adding the picture here with some more close-ups.

Attachments

Reactions: TomXP411