Help with Bartop arcade plans

sscastor

Aug 8, 2019
I'm working thru the plans available here and I'm missing where in the plans these two pieces are referenced. What is there size and are the just 3/4" offset? In the video, you can see there appears to be an under support for the control panel and there is a long piece, 12"(?) from the bottom of the marque down to the support piece.

Thanks

missing.png

Markeno

Jul 19, 2019
hobbytronics.home.blog
I'm working thru the plans available here and I'm missing where in the plans these two pieces are referenced. What is there size and are the just 3/4" offset? In the video, you can see there appears to be an under support for the control panel and there is a long piece, 12"(?) from the bottom of the marque down to the support piece.

Thanks

View attachment 182
The way interpret that is, the bottom one is the (D) Control Panel. The view you are referencing is a kind of X-Ray View showing where the cut pieces go in relation to the side panel.

The upper one, I believe is where the front of the Monitor gets aligned to, and is not a MDF Piece. There is no MDF Bezel around the Monitor in the plans or the video. I guess that little narrow bit between those two highlighted marks is (E) Monitor Support? I wasn't clear where "E" goes, but I guess that is it?

In the video, he used 3/4 x 3/4 strips to reinforce the joints and make assembly easy, but what is in that picture above is the actual cut pieces and I believe monitor in their final positions relative to the side panel. The blocking would be just inside that inner line if you use them. There is very little scrap left in a 4'x4' piece to make the 3/4" blocking. That is if you use most of the extra bit between "I" and "K" on the plans to make a VESA Monitor Mounting board.

I have had a few fuzzy things in the plans. My biggest thing was working out a good length for the radius of the compass used for the circle cut in the side panel, which I think I worked out to 11". I think going to short and it will be too shallow not leaving enough room to fit the other side on what is left of the board, and to long and it may cut in too far and make it hard to fit the monitor in and make the (C) the Marquee Bottom to short?

I will be putting a Bezel around my monitor, I am using a different monitor that specked in the plans, and it is a bit narrower, so I will be adding strips where you have your upper yellow to close the gap, and one at the top and "E" below it.

I don't have a slot cutting bit for T-Molding, so I haven't went further than cutting the panels out yet.