How to run PlanetX3 in Dosbox on the various graphics modes

Athlan

Mar 20, 2020
Hi People!

I have just downloaded the digital version of the game and I'm wondering how to actually run it, as I do not own a retro computer of any kind. How do I have to set up dosbox to run the game in the various modes? I have no experience with it whatsoever. Can you guys help me out?
Greetings, Athlan

Scott Todd

Mar 21, 2020
I also just received the digital version. I installed DOSBox on my Mac for it. That all went well. I followed some Google instructions. It was pretty straightforward.

I created a folder called DOSBox in my username home. I opened DOSBox and typed Z:\>mount C ~/DOSBOX.

Then I did a bunch of stupid stuff. I tried Google. I hadn't played with DOS in 30 years but it started to come back. I was messing with the disk images and got lost down that path. It had to be easier....

I GOT IT!! I was over complicating it. I copied the DISTRO.360 and DISTRO.720 folders to the DOSBox folder I created in my user name. Then I went to that directory in DOSBox and just typed PX3 :) I suppose I didn't need the image. Maybe this will help someone else or me when I forget what I did and can look here ;)

Thanks David for all the hard work. Its awesome! Now to finish the install on the C64 Mini :)

Scott

Last edited: