I made a new website for Commander X16. What do you think?

Do you like it?

• Total voters

Schlowski

Sep 24, 2019
A little bit too much on the bright colors side for my taste, but anything related to the X16 gets a like from me :)

BruceMcF

May 19, 2019
Man, I agree on the colors. The third stripe is good ... the first one the background it too saturated, the second that green text is too saturated, the fourth one there's that green again, the fifth one the yellow's too saturated. If it was more like the colors in the logo, it would be a lot easier on the eyes.

logo4poop

Sep 15, 2019
Man, I agree on the colors. The third stripe is good ... the first one the background it too saturated, the second that green text is too saturated, the fourth one there's that green again, the fifth one the yellow's too saturated. If it was more like the colors in the logo, it would be a lot easier on the eyes.
I will change the colors in a bit to be the exact shade :)

calcmandan

Sep 23, 2019
I like it, so far. Can you mirror your site on a gopher hole for the few who still use it?

logo4poop

Sep 15, 2019
A little bit too much on the bright colors side for my taste, but anything related to the X16 gets a like from me :)
I changed the colors... Do you like the new ones?

GregZone

Sep 29, 2019
Well this is supposed to replace it because I dislike that site because:
1. It isn't mobile friendly
2. It doesn't say anywhere what it is...
Okay, Thanks for clarifying. I hadn't visited the original site often so hadn't noted that it wasn't mobile aware. But it does also appear to be just an interim place holder website, which you'd kinda assume will be replaced with a more comprehensive website when the project progresses further. But who knows?

Perhaps if you are creating a fully responsive website design, the Commander X16 team might be interested in picking up what you come up with?

Alternatively, you'd probably want to differentiate your website from the "official site" by perhaps making the content more geared towards some user community contribution focus. eg. Perhaps a site that provides educational content / tutorials, and contributed development examples / shared code libraries. etc.

Just my thoughts. But it will be interesting to see what you come up with. :)

May 22, 2019
I can hardly complain about fan sites, since I took it on myself to start the Wiki on Fandom, so I'll just comment on my thoughts.

First, the huge, horizontal stripes and giant letters. I just don't find those attractive. With the amount of information you're presenting, that should maybe just be a single-screen view.

And "Logo4poop", complete with the chocolate yogurt emoji: it seems to me like a parody or satire.

I also feel obliged to mention that while the software is available under an open source license, Perifractic's artwork is not. You probably want to ask him before using it on your web site.

Reactions: millenniumtree

logo4poop

Sep 15, 2019
Okay, Thanks for clarifying. I hadn't visited the original site often so hadn't noted that it wasn't mobile aware. But it does also appear to be just an interim place holder website, which you'd kinda assume will be replaced with a more comprehensive website when the project progresses further. But who knows?

Perhaps if you are creating a fully responsive website design, the Commander X16 team might be interested in picking up what you come up with?

Alternatively, you'd probably want to differentiate your website from the "official site" by perhaps making the content more geared towards some user community contribution focus. eg. Perhaps a site that provides educational content / tutorials, and contributed development examples / shared code libraries. etc.

Just my thoughts. But it will be interesting to see what you come up with. :)
Really all the content is a proof of concept... I will put this on gitlab or github and see what the community puts there and I am hoping we can use this instead of commanderx16.com also can you please vote :D I have django knowledge and can easily make that

logo4poop

Sep 15, 2019
I can hardly complain about fan sites, since I took it on myself to start the Wiki on Fandom, so I'll just comment on my thoughts.

First, the huge, horizontal stripes and giant letters. I just don't find those attractive. With the amount of information you're presenting, that should maybe just be a single-screen view.

And "Logo4poop?" Complete with the chocolate yogurt emoji? I've never been one for potty humor.
This is supposed to be a template for the actual site so not really a fan site
We can always make the giant letters smaller.
I would replace the logo4poop with iamlogo if that is requested

codewar65

Sep 25, 2019
Just a note: The FAQ on the official site points to a post in a closed FB group. Not helpful to non groupers or non-FBers.

DeveloperMcD

Sep 28, 2019
Just a note: The FAQ on the official site points to a post in a closed FB group. Not helpful to non groupers or non-FBers.
Agreed. Especially since there are going to be an increasing number of non-FBers due to Facebook's increasingly active political stance.

logo4poop

Sep 15, 2019
I don't use facebook so I was not able to copy this... I hope we can get one inside the site...
3/4 of my first impression just now was "If I was a key project member of Commander X16 I wouldn't endorse a site with this[1] as a creator brand."

[1] https://i2.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PRI_88798066.jpg
I will change that to iamlogo