Industrial Computer Source Keyboard

Kavex

Jun 10, 2019
I work at a company that has some old stuff stored away for many many years and from time to time something randomly lands on my desk to dispose of. Today we got a keyboard that is probably as old as me land on my desk so I instantly thought of you guys and felt like you might enjoy it.

It's an Industrial Computer Source keyboard which around late 1980s to very very early 1990s

May 22, 2019
Wow. I like that compact form factor, and I especially like that it still includes a tenkey. This is the kind of thing I would definitely use in my setup, probably on my emulation machine.

I'm using a Corsair K63 right now, but it doesn't have that 1980s ambiance. That one definitely has that "I'm a PC" vibe. =)

Last edited:
May 22, 2019
So in researching the keyboard, I stumbled on this listing. It looks similar to the 6531-KB3.

That phone number is apparently now owned by Kontron, and they sell all kinds of different stuff - rack systems, single board computers, aviation systems... So it's possible that ICS was acquired or renamed at some point.

Kavex

Jun 10, 2019
So in researching the keyboard, I stumbled on this listing. It looks similar to the 6531-KB3.

That phone number is apparently now owned by Kontron, and they sell all kinds of different stuff - rack systems, single board computers, aviation systems... So it's possible that ICS was acquired or renamed at some point.
Industrial Computer Source was sold to Dynatech in 1992 per to the wiki so yeah very old keyboard

Reactions: TomXP411