Memory Map X16 (start address of basic source code)

Franky

Hi guys,

is there a way to find out the starting address of the stored basic program source, like we did it on a C64 by "BC=PEEK(43)+PEEK(44)*256" ???
Or can someone point me to the right documentation? I didn't find detailed information about it.

Many Thanks and kind regards
Franky

May 22, 2019
Hi guys,

is there a way to find out the starting address of the stored basic program source, like we did it on a C64 by "BC=PEEK(43)+PEEK(44)*256" ???
Or can someone point me to the right documentation? I didn't find detailed information about it.

Many Thanks and kind regards
Franky
the BASIC interpreter is largely unchanged, aside from new commands.Internal memory locations have changed and will continue to change... so you’ll probably have to go through the assembly source for the BASIC interpreter to see where that variable is stored now.

Reactions: Franky

Franky

Thanks alot. I'll try my very best :)

Wow, I found it :)

Basic Source Start Address is $0801

By the way.... It appears that the peek combination to determine the base code address is:
BC=PEEK(223)+PEEK(224)*256

Thanks again !

Last edited:
Reactions: rje

rje

Nov 6, 2019
Does the emulator's docs on Git not have a memory map? (I thought they did, but it's been a month-plus since I looked at them...)

May 22, 2019
It did not, last time I looked. (And it would be counterproductive, since it would have to be updated every time the codebase changes.)

rje

Nov 6, 2019
It did not, last time I looked. (And it would be counterproductive, since it would have to be updated every time the codebase changes.)
Huhmm... I think it must have an elementary one (which is all that's needed). I should get off my butt and look.

Ah yes, there is one, and it even tells you where BASIC starts.

Reactions: Franky