Pi0 on s-video dvd screen

Looted

Jun 16, 2019
Using a redragon keyboard their usb connects with a 5 pin jst, easy mod to hook up to a pi.

The more challenging part was learning my screen preferred PAL to NTSC. I have the display forced through my added connector on my pi0w, I set up just the basic raspian to run tilde as my console and automatically load into it full screen.

The main reason I chose tilde, is that I can roll it up with a key plus the options to control its window size was pivital in figuring out my 'real' screen ratio.

Reactions: cml37
May 22, 2019
Out of curiosity, why use S-Video instead of just getting a small HDMI field monitor? I have an 8" 1024x768 display, and it gives a real clean image when used with my Pi.

There are also a few displays built specifically for the Pi, with an all-in-one case that basically turns the Pi into a tablet.

Looted

Jun 16, 2019
Out of curiosity, why use S-Video instead of just getting a small HDMI field monitor? I have an 8" 1024x768 display, and it gives a real clean image when used with my Pi.

There are also a few displays built specifically for the Pi, with an all-in-one case that basically turns the Pi into a tablet.
I just happened to have one laying around and it fit my budget ;). It was fun setting up and the 'retroness' of svideo was something I thought would add to the look of the cyberdeck. My goal for the screen is as a primary terminal, the real feat is when I can use it to control my smart tv.

For now just one step at a time; I'm currently designing a power switch to allow use while plugged in and charging the battery. I picked up a 15000 MaH pack from radio shack at ½ price and plan to use that as the primary power source.

The screen tales 9v and I can feed it with the pack, as the screen has a 9v out (for a second screen) I plan to use that to power the pi0w. It will be quite a hokey daisy chain.

Reactions: TomXP411