Quick hello & question about some old discs

blingus

Jan 21, 2020
Hey guys - found this forum looking to connect with some classic computer enthusiasts. Been a long time subscriber to 8bitguy on youtube but never active in the community.

The reason I am here is simple, I have been helping my elderly neighbors with some computer stuff and they had a box of 3.5" discs that they said they wanted to get rid of. I have no use for these discs but I figured someone might. I didn't want to donate them to goodwill because they might just get thrown away. I don't know if this is the forum to connect with someone to hand them off or if you guys could point me in the right direction. I don't want to violate any terms of service.

It's not that many discs but I thought it would be worth the effort to get them into the right hands. I attached a photo of the discs. There are mac and IBM formatted discs.

I am in the KC area, would figure out a way to ship them if someone would want that. If you guys don't think anyone would want them, let me know, I will donate them somewhere.

If this is against terms of service for the forum, I will take down my post. I would appreciate any advice on where the correct place would be to find a home for these.

Thanks.

Attachments

May 22, 2019
Welcome, blingus.

"This needs to go to a good home" posts are just fine.

We don't really have a "swap meet" topic area here, although we could petition Mike to add one if there's enough interest. So in the meantime, I'd suggest people trying to sell things either post in the relevant forum for the item.

With 3.5" diskettes, I don't think you'll have problems unloading them.

blingus

Jan 21, 2020
Thanks for the reply. Since I have both mac & IBM formatted discs, where do you think I should post them?