Quickstart resources list

mobluse

Sep 20, 2019
This program could perhaps be added to tools. This filter program, petscii2utf8, converts output of the Commander X16 Emulator to UTF-8 looking like PETSCII-UC, PETSCII-LC, or ISO8859-15 depending on what is used. Not all PETSCII codes are supported by current Unicode, but if you use the font from Style64 (mono space) in your terminal they can all be shown, but then some of the ISO8859-15 characters are replaced by PETSCII. It also converts the control codes to VT100/xterm escape codes. It also prints some debug information e.g. Ⓓ & Ⓐ for CR & LF, if you use option -d. In the future also the keypresses will be shown, and there is some buggy support for that already. It's open source in C99 and only tested in Linux: https://github.com/mobluse/x16-petscii2utf8

Reactions: TomXP411

Aloz1

Sep 19, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Thanks guys, they've been added.

I've started to hit the character limit (10000 characters). So unless an admin is able to raise that limit, I will need to split this out into multiple posts soon.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019
Thanks guys, they've been added.

I've started to hit the character limit (10000 characters). So unless an admin is able to raise that limit, I will need to split this out into multiple posts soon.
I created a page on Fandom. Go ahead and set up a Fandom account and PM me your username over there. I'll set you up so you can maintain that list and add new content.

I'll PM you the link.

Last edited:

mobluse

Sep 20, 2019
Spelling errors regarding the FORTH programming language. durexfourth shoud be durexforth. fourth should be Forth.

May 22, 2019
Here we go... this is the community Wiki. All of you should be able to edit the site to add your own programs, tutorials, music, demos, and more.

Aloz, maybe you can link to the Wiki at the top of your post, then use that post for the "highlights", if it's getting too big to fit on the board.

Funnybones

Sep 12, 2019
Slight typo on this page :

Millfolk should be Millfork.
Not a biggie just thought I'd mention it.

May 22, 2019
Slight typo on this page :

Millfolk should be Millfork.
Not a biggie just thought I'd mention it.
you can edit the page directly. You don’t need permission or to report the error. That’s what a Wiki is all about. :)