Small request

agbvader

Nov 26, 2019
I have a Floppy drive i want to connect to my new pc, but my motherboard has no 2x17 pin connectors, only SATA. can someone make an adaptor for this purpose?

agbvader

Nov 26, 2019
May 22, 2019
that’s pretty cool, but i don’t think i have any internal usb ports
Is this a "name brand" system, or a home built? Pretty much all commodity motherboards have at least one or more internal USB headers. I have like 4 in my system, and the front panel port only occupies one, so I pull the rest out with fence post adapters, like this....

1574914461147.png

And even if you don't have any internal headers, you can route a cable out to a port on the back...

Last edited:

agbvader

Nov 26, 2019
Is this a "name brand" system, or a home built? Pretty much all commodity motherboards have at least one or more internal USB headers. I have like 4 in my system, and the front panel port only occupies one, so I pull the rest out with fence post adapters, like this....

View attachment 488

And even if you don't have any internal headers, you can route a cable out to a port on the back...
that’s not exactly what i meant
i mean ports completely inside the case.

(the image i tried to attach was too large)
I have the SkyTech Shadow

Last edited:
May 22, 2019
I guess I don't get what the problem is. You can take the USB adapter I linked to above off of the fence post bracket, then use that to plug into an internal USB header on your motherboard.

Either way, SATA is a completely different protocol, and it's unlikely you would ever see a SATA to floppy adapter. It's possible in theory, I suppose, but with the USB adapter devices so cheap, there's no reason for someone to spend the hundreds of thousands of dollars to design and build a SATA device.