Trouble getting Planet X2 to run off of sd2iec and CBM File Browser

ChrisBushman

Jun 7, 2019
I have recently purchased the digital copy of Planet X2. While attempting to load the game off of my sd2iec (as device 10) through CBM File Browser, I end up getting kicked back to a BASIC prompt with READY printed to the terminal. Even when I enter RUN, II am kicked back to the same prompt. Anyone have any advice on how I can get this game running? Thank you for your time and consideration.

May 22, 2019
My usual process is to NOT launch a game from the file browser.

Instead, use the browser to mount the disk image, then exit the browser and launch the game through the usual LOAD "*",8,1 method (or C= + RUN if, you use a fast loader.)

ChrisBushman

Jun 7, 2019
Hey TomXP411,

Firstly, thank you for the prompt response.

Secondly, unfortunately I am experiencing the same output when either I mount the image in the file browser or I mount the image via a "CD" command. I am able to list the contents on the image once mounted. It is only when I attempt to load and run the application (for me, the command is 'load "*", 10,1' due to the sd2iec being read as device 10) that I reproduce my issue. I also tried copying another copy of the d64 to the root of the SD card and got the same result. I briefly see a number of loading statements flash on the screen before being kicked back to a ready prompt. Are there other considerations I should be making when dealing with the image on my SD card? I'm currently copying the d64 file straight from the downloaded zip directory to the SD card on my Windows 10 machine. Thank you again for your help.

ChrisBushman

Jun 7, 2019
So quick update. I changed my sd2iec to device 8 instead of device 10. Planet X2 loads and runs perfectly now. I may need to look into managing the device id without having to change it upon startup of the c64

Reactions: TomXP411