X16-emu compiles and runs on a Chromebook under Crostini

Dec 21, 2019
Lund, Sweden
I use a Chromebook (Acer Spin 13) as my "main console". Therefore I wanted to try out the X16 emulator directly on the Chromebook under Crostini. As it turns out, it works like a charm. I compiled the emulator, cc65, and created the "rom.bin" without any error(s). Surprising, but very nice indeed. Well written software!

Screenshot 2019-12-24 at 00.02.21 - Edited.png

As you can see, I need to work a little on the scaling of the X16-emu window. Also, I have not yet run any speed tests. It is midnight and a work day tomorrow, so further adjustments and tests will have to wait until Christmas holidays.

Cheers!

PS: Sorry if I'm wasting bandwidth on reporting something which is commonly known and obvious to all. I did a brief search and did not find any threads regarding Crostini.

Dec 21, 2019
Lund, Sweden
Yup, scaling works at least to some extent with Sommelier within Crostini:
Screenshot 2019-12-24 at 13.35.27 - Edited.png

A few errors occured. The ones relating to "xkbcomp" might come from the fact that I'm using a scandinavian keyboard. The ones above regarding the socket listneners I have not sorted out yet, but the emulator seems to work as expected. No thorough testing done so far, however.

Reactions: BruceMcF