XSquawkbox issues

ParkeLie

Aug 6, 2019
Hi...my 2 monitors are connected to the video card via HDMI, I see them in the list of playback devices. my problem that I am running in to is the "setup audio" menu item for XSquawkBox. When I click it I get, "Voice System is not initialized - please refer to the manual for further advice". What manual? When I just set the "Playback" in Windows' Sound control panel to "Speakers" where the headset is plugged in to the back of the sound card, I hear everything thru the headset. If I change it to another channel, I.e. the Samsung monitor, all the sounds come out of the monitor.

cml37

Staff member
May 19, 2019
Washington, D.C. Area
Hi...my 2 monitors are connected to the video card via HDMI, I see them in the list of playback devices. my problem that I am running in to is the "setup audio" menu item for XSquawkBox. When I click it I get, "Voice System is not initialized - please refer to the manual for further advice". What manual? When I just set the "Playback" in Windows' Sound control panel to "Speakers" where the headset is plugged in to the back of the sound card, I hear everything thru the headset. If I change it to another channel, I.e. the Samsung monitor, all the sounds come out of the monitor.
Hi there, did you mean to post this in another thread? Just let me know and I can move the post there for you. Thanks!

May 22, 2019
Hi there, did you mean to post this in another thread? Just let me know and I can move the post there for you. Thanks!
XSquawkbox is a multiplayer addon for the X-Plane flight simulator.

@ParkeLie I'd suggest hitting up the x-plane.org forums or the xsquawkbox folks for support on this.